How to Stop a Common Cold Quickly.
Oh no, you feel like you''re coming down with a common cold and you need to stop it quick. You search on the internet for cold treatment, and you get overwhelmed with advice. Here is all you need to know. Treat your head cold with the following remedies.
- Begin drinking a lot of water - quick. Stay hydrated.
- Gargle with salt water. Mix half a teaspoon of salt with a glass of warm water. It will help to flush out bacteria and viruses. The salt also helps to reduce the inflammation and clear mucous from the back of your throat.
- Keep your nostrils clear. Use a humidifier to help keep nasal passages clear. Also, you can use a saline nasal spray.
- Take a pain reliever like acetaminophen to reduce aches and pain.
- Rest! Don''t go to work!
- Wash your hands often to prevent others from getting your cold or use an alcohol-based disinfectant gel.
- Eat. Chicken soup does help. It contains fluids and some protein.
- As for vitamin C? Take it - daily.
After you are all well, remember that you need to have a strong immune system. This will help you recover more quickly. Eat healthy. Consume a lot of fruits, vegetables, fish, chicken and cut down on the sweets and your sugar intake!
The facts about vitamin C
In the 1970''s that researchers finally found out that vitamin C was needed by white blood cells so that they could phagocytize viruses and bacteria. White blood cells require a 50 times higher concentration inside the cell as outside so they have to accumulate vitamin C. There is something called a "phagocytic index" which tells you how rapidly a particular macrophage or lymphocyte can gobble up a virus, bacteria, or cancer cell. It was in the 1970''s that Linus Pauling realized that white blood cells need a high dose of vitamin C and that is when he came up with his theory that you need high doses of vitamin C to combat the common cold.